Monday, May 17, 2010

Before and After: The Foyer

Our front hall is tiny and really only has one wall. One wall is the front door, one is the entryway into the living room and one is the coat closet. It's tight space and I've had the console table (see above) in it since we moved in. It seemed like such a waste of space because I couldn't use it for storage, only display. After James broke the glass hurricane that was on the bottom level of the console last week, I decided it was time for a change. So I bought the dresser below:

I spent Sunday (when we weren't in the ER, at a birthday party or Johnny Rockets) working on the dresser. I reprimed it and painted it with a high gloss paint and then put all of the hardware back on. Now my foyer looks like this:


I'm excited that we'll have a place to store things like hats and gloves, sidewalk chalk and bubbles and all of the other things that used to get left on the console table.

1 comment:

Brooklyn to Buffalo said...

It looks fab, Kate. nice work!