Friday, February 26, 2010

E-L-L-I-E


This evening I may have experienced one of my proudest moments of parenting yet. Ellie sat down at her little table and wrote her name. It wasn't the way she wrote her name that made my heart sing (I know she needs to learn to do it in upper and lower case letters, not all upper case), but it was that she wanted to sit and her table and write. She knew where on the page to begin her writing which was very exciting for her literacy minded mother. Ellie wanted to be as independent as ever, when I asked her if I could write the date on the bottom of the page, she insisted that she do it herself. So the red circular writing on the bottom right hand side of the page? That says 2.26.10, in case you couldn't tell.

2 comments:

houckb1262 said...

oh my god! ellie is such a smartypants!

Claudia Lawrence said...

Hi, ur blog is really nice & interesting, while reading it I truly like it & cool snaps. I just wanna suggest that u should submit your blog in this website which is offering very unique features at cheap prices there are expert advertising team who will not only provide the adspace but also promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks which will definitely boost ur traffic & readers. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared to my friends. hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.