Monday, March 7, 2011

And so it begins...

James's love affair with all things sports and ball related has officially begun. He loves to point to pictures of different balls and identify what sport it belongs to. He likes to talk about sports and play with balls and on the evening that the photo above was taken he chose to take a football to bed with him. This concept is both foreign and familiar to me at the same time. While I am not passionate about sports (shocking, I know), I grew up with one of the biggest sports fanatics of all time and I married a die-hard Red Sox, college basketball and all around sports fan and golf addict. I do have my favorite teams though and my little boy is taking after his mom in this regard. When we ask him what he says about football, he enthusiastically says, "Go Bills!" It's been fun to watch his interest grow and I have a feeling it will last for his entire lifetime. We're hoping he'll love the teams we cheer for, even if they will, at times, break his little heart.

No comments: